The press centre welcomes all accredited journalists covering the events of the Estonian Presidency of the Council of the European Union in Tallinn.
Location and access
The press centre is located on the lower ground floor of the main Presidency venue, Tallinn Creative Hub (Kultuurikatel), with a separate entrance that will be clearly indicated. Media representatives can access the press centre via Kalaranna Street and the Kultuurikilomeeter (Cultural Kilometre).
The telephone number of the press centre is +372 6424002.
Media representatives are recommended to use the parking area on Kalasadama Street (rates apply). For further information about parking in Tallinn, please refer to the City of Tallinn website.
The press centre will open at 07.00 every day during high-level events and will close 4 hours after the last press opportunity of the day. Detailed information on opening times is available for each event, further information can be found by visiting the eu2017.ee Events page.
Members of the media can collect their accreditation badges from the desk on the day of the event. See the Accreditation page for further information.
Presidency information desk
The information desk will provide information, services and assistance on the following:
- general information
- agenda of the day and updates
- EU Whoiswho
- registration for media opportunities
- booking of media booths
- technical support
- security check
- cloakroom with lockers
- lounge with coffee, tea, water, soft drinks
- press conference room (capacity: 100)
- 2 briefing rooms (capacity: 20/30)
- restaurant providing free lunch, soft drinks and snacks
- 120 workstations equipped with two power sockets (type F with two round pins) and an internet RJ45 cable. Journalists may reserve work spaces with a label indicating their name and media organisation. The press office cannot reserve work spaces.
- 12 media booths equipped with universal power outlets (220V), wired and wireless internet access, LAN connection and a monitor/TV. The booths will be wired to receive live video and selectable audio feeds (floor language and translations) from the meetings covered by the Host Broadcaster. Media booths have HDSDI signal with embedded audio and analogue audio signal. Two radio booths will also be equipped with ISDN lines. The media booths can be reserved on a first come, first served basis by sending an email to email@example.com, or at the information desk in the press centre.
- 2 soundproofed radio booths (bookings at the information desk)
- 2 stand-up locations – bookings should be made through the Host Broadcaster.
- press centre Wi-Fi
- 4 desktop computers
- 1 printer
- in-house information channel
- smoking area
The Estonian Public Broadcasting (ERR) will be engaged as the official host broadcaster for the Estonian Presidency of the Council of the European Union in 2017. ERR operates three television channels (ETV, ETV2, and ETV+) and five radio stations (Vikerraadio, Klassikaraadio, Raadio 2, Raadio 4, and Raadio Tallinn). ERR, an official member of the European Broadcasting Union (EBU). ERR will provide accredited media with free of charge audiovisual content from informal ministerial meetings and other high-level events in Estonia, and can also book the stand-up positions and playouts. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
The host broadcaster provides coverage of the following set pieces:
- round table
- family photo
- press conferences as per the official programme
All video content will be uploaded in HD quality (MXF and mp4 file formats) to a designated FTP account.
In order to download and use audiovisual content on-site at Tallinn Creative Hub (Kultuurikatel), please contact the press centre coordinator.
For the use of materials outside the venue, please register at email@example.com.
Stand up positions
Two stand-up positions are available, being served on-demand. These are fully equipped positions with a camera, microphone, lighting, and earcom with telephone. The stand-up positions are provided at no cost. Please note this service does not include a satellite uplink.
Stand-up positions can be booked with the host broadcaster at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The satellite uplink can be booked via EBU at email@example.com.
All photos taken by the host photographers will be uploaded to the Estonian Presidency Flickr site. If journalists wish to use photos that do not appear on the Flickr site, they are asked to refer to the press team.
Contact details of the spokespersons of the Estonian Presidency are listed under Contacts.
Tallinn Creative Hub (Kultuurikatel)
Põhja puiestee 27a, 10415 Tallinn, Estonia