The event will not bring significant traffic changes since the arrivals and departures of the delegates will happen during the day and the transportation to activities is by bus. However, some changes to traffic are to occur due to construction works in the city centre.
Construction works on the tram line in Northern Tallinn may cause traffic jams in the area, including the surroundings of the Tallinn Creative Hub (Kultuurikatel). Please follow traffic signs or the directions of traffic controllers.
Suur-Rannavärava Street (Suur-Rannavärava tänav) will be closed from 17 July to 1 August due to construction works on the tram tracks. Drivers are advised to find an alternative route.
Suurtüki Street (Suurtüki tänav) will be closed until the end of the working day on 19 July. Drivers are advised to avoid the area if possible and follow the temporary traffic signs.
More information about the meeting is available on the event page.
Information about traffic changes is available on the website of the Estonian Police and Border Guard Board(PBGB).
Traffic changes introduced as of 28 June:
- the parking lots between Tallinn Creative Hub (Kultuurikatel) and Linnahall will be closed during the Estonian Presidency period
- the parking lot in front of Tallinn Creative Hub (Kultuurikatel) can be accessed from Kai, Poordi and Sadama streets (Kai, Poordi or Sadama tänav)
- during some events, the police will close Rumbi Street (Rumbi tänav), located near Linnahall; the PBGB will be publishing updates on this
- the Linda Line port can be accessed via a pedestrian corridor; vehicles retain access from Kalasadama Street (Kalasadama tänav) to the quay behind Linnahall
- parking will be restricted in the parking lots of the Hilton, Nordica and Radisson hotels during the Estonian Presidency period
- the police will halt city centre traffic while delegations are on the move for periods that are as short as possible
- temporary traffic signs will be used for information regarding of all traffic changes
- allow extra time when moving in the city centre during Estonian Presidency events, especially at rush hour
- upon noticing a motorcade, drivers should keep to the right of the road, and be sure to signal before changing lanes
- please follow traffic signs or the directions of traffic controllers
- if planning to travel (including to nearby countries), please make sure that your travel documents are valid, and please keep them ready at the airport and at ports
- allow extra time for boarding and disembarking from a vessel